In order to meet the needs and concerns of the majority of the community about the limited number of Parent places in the migration program and associated lengthy waiting periods. On April 17, 2019, families living in Australia have parents living in Vietnam will be able to apply for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa for up to 3 or 5 years.
This is definitely good news for many families, because for current tourist visas, the term is only 1-3 years, and the visitors can stay in Australia no more than 3 months. By this temporary visa for up to 5 years, elderly parents can save a lot of time and effort.
What is visa 870?
First of all, this is still a long-term tourist visa, which means that the sponsored parent is only allowed to stay in Australia for a specified period of time, cannot work and has no chance of becoming a permanent resident after the visa expires. If you want to become a permanent resident, you must submit another visa.
For the eligibility:
To be approved as a sponsor, the applicant must demonstrate that they meet the following:
- Be a biological, adoptive, or a step-child of their parent
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Be 18 years or older
- Have lived in Australia for at least four years
- Meet a household income requirement of $83,454.80.
- Accept legal liability for any outstanding public health debt their sponsored parent accrues.
Once a sponsorship application has been approved, a sponsored parent will be able to apply for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa within 6 months. Applications for the visa will open from 1 July 2019.
This visa costs from:
You pay for this visa in 2 parts called instalments.
Pay the first instalment when you apply. Pay the second instalment when we ask you to
Besides, the sponsors must pay 420 AUD when they lodged their sponsorship application
15,000 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas may be granted each program year, ensuring that many families can be reunited. Depending on the conditions of the application and the number of visa applications.
Processing times are not yet available for this visa.
However, It is expected processing times will be available approximately three months after applications open on 1 July 2019
– Unlike other parent visa, Visa 870 does not require a balance in the number of children in Australia and other countries.
– The 870 visa allows an applicant to renew for another 5 years to visit up to a maximum period in Australia of 10 years
For more information, please contact us at hotline: 61-2-97257922 (in Australia), or 028 3931 0614 (in Vietnam) for a free consultation.